Starring:

Bruce Willis
Alan Rickman
Bonnie Bedelia
Paul Gleason
Clarence Gilyard
and a few other recognizable faces

Welcome to the party, pal. :-)

This movie is action, action and more action. With a bit of clever sarcasm from one John McClain played by Bruce Willis. You see Mr. McClain is a New York City cop who has been invited by his estranged wife's Christmas party in Los Angeles. The problem is, he is invited to this party in a huge tower (Nakatomi Tower, if I have spelled it right) the same night that a band of terrorists has invaded. You see, this tower also hold lots of money in the basement and that is why the terrorists want to break in to that safe and take over the building.

Alan Rickman who is Hans Gruber in the movie is perfect as the head terrorist. I mean, you tell me a movie in which Rickman is not a good actor and I will argue why he was perfect for the role. He has a perfect German accent and he just wants to get in and out of L.A. with the money and go back to Europe, (Oh and he also demands that some of his brothers and sisters in arms be released from prison. A very small technicality.)

The action in this movie continues from the beginning to the end. And there are several good one liners in this movie to keep you very much glued to the tube. I would say that it is one of the best action movies of my generation. I was actually 16 when it came out, but I mean to tell ya, I think I saw it just after it was out in the theatre. They just don't make em like this anymore.

Dwayne T. Robinson (Paul Gleason) is the LAPD Deputy Chief of Police is upset because someone is trying to blow up his building, but as you will see John McClain soon puts him in his place. Why worry about a building when a ticked off New York City cop is inside battling terrorists on his own? And, not to mention his wife is inside the building. I mean, yes... she is estranged but she is still his wife.

If you recognize the bad guy "Theo" he plays aside fellow Texas Ranger in Walker Texas Ranger, this would be actor Clarence Gilyard. He has been in a few things, and I like him. He is lively in this role as well.

But, John McClain is perfect for the role as the cop, outside his jurisdiction, Gruber is perfect as the terrorist, and it's all around well cast.

If you are looking for a brainless action flick for the evening, enjoy this one.

I give it 8 out of 10 stars.

GreyWolf
Passerby

Re: Die Hard (1988)

Post by GreyWolf » Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:06 pm

Die Hard (1988) is said to be the grandfather of all action films. With Alan Rickman as the classy, irresistible thief and ultra villain, and Bruce Willis as the witty NYC cop, this movie's characters have been copied and repeated in all subsequent action movies. It is also the ultimate Christmas movie. The soundtrack was virtually created from various Christmas songs and Beethoven's "Ode to Joy" - theme for Alan Rickman and his gang. There's plenty of gunplay and hand to hand combat.
John McClain attempts to single-handedly save his wife's LA high-rise office that's been overrun by Alan Rickman's surprisingly diverse gang of thieves. This film very well cast, has quick and clever dialogue and is filled with hilarious 80s fashion!
9/10

ashleywinglet

Re: Die Hard

Post by ashleywinglet » Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:25 am

Die Hard is an amazing action movie.It is my all time favorite movie.I love the character in this movie was played by Bruce Willis.I love this movie and saw many times.