17 Again

Opinions about movies, reviews.
JMandJM
Extra

17 Again

Post by JMandJM » Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:16 pm

Femme JM- Originally (I'll admit) I saw this movie because Zac Efron is hot, but it actually was really good on top of that. It was a great family movie that was very fun and funny that showed the importance of families and realizing what you already have. It seemed like a spin off of so many movies where you go back in time or you lose what you have to see what your life would be like without that something. I thought it was well written and that Zac Efron did a great job portraying a father figure stuck in a 17 year old body. A great movie for the whole family!

JMandJM
Extra

Re: 17 Again

Post by JMandJM » Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:09 pm

male JM and I were talking about mid-life crisises. He says everyone has one and it got me thinking. There comes a time in all of our lives where we sit back and re-evaluate our lives- did we make all the right choices? Are we missing something in our lives? What if we could do it all over again? And it reminded me of this movie and how one man's marriage is falling apart because he starts blaming his wife for ruining his life of pro basketball and college, etc. He wished he could do it all over again and gets his chance to- just to realize that if he could do it all over he'd do things the same way. So when we reach our mid-life crisis, re-evaluate your life, remember why you made certain choices that got you to where you are now. If you're missing that fancy new car, don't make a financial mistake and buy one you can't afford but save carefully to get one you want. As the man in the movie says, "You were the best decision I ever made- I just forgot." (Not direct quote) With all this reflecting it just reminds me of another reason why I liked this movie and thought it was well done. :)

eas123
Extra

Re: 17 Again

Post by eas123 » Fri May 11, 2012 1:36 am

I find this film to be "OK" at best, the acting was good, but it reminded me a little to much of Freaky Friday, which I thought was better do to the comedy. The story isn't bad, but to me it lacked humor.