XBMC Export Plugin (v0.88)

Additional plug-ins for the program.
CanadianPilgrim
Extra

Re: XBMC Export Plugin (v0.87)

Post by CanadianPilgrim » Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:34 pm

JeF, I think I understand the problem now. It points to design concept that I thought MN addressed/overcome, which, apart from its d-base ability, is a reason I chose MN.

MN allows the user to input movies by title for titles that are in the "Collection" but the "Location" is elsewhere than in a digital format on a LAN server (e.g. the elsewhere is "On Shelf"). ALL MY MOVIES ARE STILL ON DVD OR BLU_RAY! I presumed that, after creating my MN library manually and DL'ing all the art and movie data, that I would output my database (without LAN path movies) in an XBMC format that eventually I could move over to WMC. Is the problem that a LAN path is required!?

If the problem is as I describe, can I, where I do not plan on engaging hyperlinks from the LAN path to start any movies, create a dummy LAN path (to an actual video file) and use the same path for all my titles (and fool both the export engine and ultimately WMC)? Surely WMC must, by design or workaround (especially because of pending legislation in the US and Canada to limit the making of digital copies) permit the browsing of titles still "on the shelf".

JeF
Black Belt Squirrel

Post by JeF » Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:32 am

Ok, XBMC plugin uses video filename to :
- locate where to create the XBMC files (nfo, tbn and so...)
- build the nfo filename
So it's required and must be different for each movie but could be a dummy filename (not pointing a real video file)
Using ExtraQueries plugin, video filename could be easily generated for each movie in a single clic.
I'll check that and post here the query when it's ready.
;)
JeF

CanadianPilgrim
Extra

Post by CanadianPilgrim » Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:47 pm

Thank you again, JeF. I loaded a few actual video files to a portable hard and attached it the the computer running MN. I pathed the movies. They show up in the "Export to WMC" plug-in, but not the "XBMC Export" plug-in. Mmmm. I thought the failure to populate the lists in either plug-in was related...

JeF
Black Belt Squirrel

Post by JeF » Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:20 am

CanadianPilgrim wrote:Thank you again, JeF.
You're welcome.
In the end, the ExtraQuery solution isn't the good way.
I'm currently modifying the XBMC plugin to add the feature to export movies having no 'filename' populated.
It will be available soon.
;)
JeF

CanadianPilgrim
Extra

Post by CanadianPilgrim » Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:50 am

Can't wait :D

JeF
Black Belt Squirrel

Re: XBMC Export Plugin (v0.88)

Post by JeF » Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:37 am

Hi All,

v0.88 is out (download link in first post) :

[+] Movies having no video filename can now (optionally) be exported (to a specified folder)
[+] Exports Movies Series to XBMC 'Sets'
[+] Exports Tagline to XBMC Tagline
[+] Choose Fan Art Options : added 'from wide shot' choice to avoid aspect ratio issues
[+] Exports Trailer Url to XBMC Trailer (XBMC won't play it if it's html embedded video like imdb trailer urls)
[+] Exports Sound Tracks infos from Movienizer 5.x New Format
[+] Exports Subtitles infos from Movienizer 5.x New Format

;)
JeF

CanadianPilgrim
Extra

Post by CanadianPilgrim » Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:48 am

JeF,

You are a genius. ;) Your changes in v0.88 have allowed me to export all my movies (most of which are still on disk and not video files on a LAN) to XBMC! Never done it before. Just installed XBMC tonight and I already have it displaying my movies! :D

JeF
Black Belt Squirrel

Post by JeF » Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:58 am

CanadianPilgrim wrote:JeF, You are a genius.
Yes.... I know... :lol: :lol:
Your changes in v0.88 have allowed me to export all my movies (most of which are still on disk and not video files on a LAN) to XBMC! Never done it before. Just installed XBMC tonight and I already have it displaying my movies! :D
Glad to read this.
;)
JeF

CanadianPilgrim
Extra

Post by CanadianPilgrim » Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:04 pm

Hey JeF,

I have to go the next step in XMBC to have it display the data which Movienizer does (e.g. shots from movie and movie info). After the successful export with your plug-in to XBMC, it seems all I have is a list of the movies with cover art. A few posts ago, I wrote: "I presumed that, after creating my MN library manually and DL'ing all the art and movie data, that I would output my database (without LAN path movies) in an XBMC format".

Can your plug-in export all of this additional MN info to XBMC, or does the database need to be rebuilt on the XBMC side? :?

Owen

JeF
Black Belt Squirrel

Post by JeF » Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:36 pm

CanadianPilgrim wrote:After the successful export with your plug-in to XBMC, it seems all I have is a list of the movies with cover art.
What about typing 'C' letter when a movie title is highlighted in XBMC ? You should see a menu window open. Then select 'Movie information' : you should see all movie info exported from MnZ.
JeF