Disc Numbering (v1.1)

Additional plug-ins for the program.
JeF
Black Belt Squirrel

Disc Numbering (v1.1)

Post by JeF » Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:30 am

Hi all,

Here's a new plugin to... Number Disc# with an auto-incremented value (did you guess ? :D )
It also allows to reformat those numeric disk#.

How to install ?
Just download the zip file into the 'plugin' subfolder of the Movienizer Intall Dir and unzip there.

How to use it ?
A typical usage is after having added several movies (or even only one), run plugin to allow assigning numeric auto-incremented values to each unassigned disk#
Another one is to reformat numeric disk# to set 4 digits where they were 3 (for instance when your collection reaches the first thousand movies)
A third one would be to use it just to set all same number of digits to all disk# (previously manually assigned like 1,2,3..,10,11,..102,103,..1214,1215..) so the sorting using disk# becomes what you expect (0019,0020,0021 and not 19,2,20,21)

You'll find more details in the about section of the plugin.

It's a good idea to backup your database first before using the plugin for the first time even if using preview should prevent unexpected results.

;)
JeF
Attachments
DiskNumbering.zip
Disc Numbering plugin v1.1
(317.43 KiB) Downloaded 1180 times

JeF
Black Belt Squirrel

Re: Disc Numbering (v1.1)

Post by JeF » Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:02 pm

v1.1 release (bug fix)

;)
JeF

Bryan
Supporting actor

Post by Bryan » Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:44 am

Jeff
I ran the program, but decided I didn't like the end product.
As my DVDs are kept in trays, which are numbers (custom setting) I don't really need the disk number..
So, apart from deleting the 2000 odd entries individually - how can I bulk remove the number?

Thanks

JeF
Black Belt Squirrel

Post by JeF » Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:19 pm

Hi Bryan,
Bryan wrote:how can I bulk remove the number?
Such data can be reset using Extra Queries plugin.
Suitable query depends of which data you want to reset :
Do you want to reset ALL assigned disc numbers? Or just some of them ?

If you want to reset ALL disc numbers then use Extra Queries plugin to import and run query Z0130 from JeF's Extra Queries thread (see plugin thread here for howto)

;)
JeF

CanadianPilgrim
Extra

Post by CanadianPilgrim » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:16 am

I use the IMDB number, which used to DL with the movie information but for some reason does not anymore. Now I have to click the IMDB link and copy it from that website. Real pain, especially since I know you removed the feature. :x

PLEASE, fix the DL utility such that the IMDB movie number DLs again.

JeF
Black Belt Squirrel

Post by JeF » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:17 am

CanadianPilgrim wrote:I use the IMDB number, which used to DL with the movie information but for some reason does not anymore. Now I have to click the IMDB link and copy it from that website. Real pain, especially since I know you removed the feature. :x
PLEASE, fix the DL utility such that the IMDB movie number DLs again.
This plugin isn't involved in any way with the problem you're describing.
As i understand, the problem is you can't see imdb movie code in edit movie window anymore, right ?
However, this doesn't mean that id isn't downloaded anymore (i've just checked and it's ok).
So, did you previously manually copy imdb id to disk nbr for each new movie ?
Is this the (real) problem : not having that imdb id visible, you can't manually copy it to disk nbr field anymmore ?
Such copies could be done in a bulk using an Extra Query (to be created if needed)

CanadianPilgrim
Extra

Post by CanadianPilgrim » Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:21 pm

JeF wrote:
Only posted it here as a logical option or proposal for integration.
JeF wrote:
As i understand, the problem is you can't see imdb movie code in edit movie window anymore, right ?
Right
JeF wrote:
However, this doesn't mean that id isn't downloaded anymore (i've just checked and it's ok).
So, did you previously manually copy imdb id to disk nbr for each new movie ?
Yes, but formally it was available in one of the MN edit windows; now I have to follow the hyperlink to the web page on IMDB and copy from there.
JeF wrote:Is this the (real) problem : not having that imdb id visible, you can't manually copy it to disk nbr field anymore ?
Such copies could be done in a bulk using an Extra Query (to be created if needed)
I guess this is the real problem. It would be very nice if that field were still visible. Your suggested solution would only work it it does not over-ride all my existing numbers because I used to use a different website's item numbers for my disk numbers,til that site folded. Those former numbers are grandfathered (physically penned onto my disks and I don't want to scribble over them. Perhaps a better solution would be to have MN put that field automatically in the disk nbr field.

JeF
Black Belt Squirrel

Post by JeF » Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:13 pm

CanadianPilgrim wrote:
JeF wrote:
Only posted it here as a logical option or proposal for integration.
Ok, that's a good idea.
So, Disk Numbering v2.1 is out here with that new feature.
;)
JeF

CanadianPilgrim
Extra

Post by CanadianPilgrim » Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:13 pm

JeF,

Installation of this plugin was easy.

The plugin does not seem to autofill the edition movie number with the IMDB number on a download of movie information. Is it supposed to? I hoped it would, because I have some disk numbers (not IMDB) already physically written on disks so I can't overwrite those. So, this plugin would only be useful to me if it autofilled on download.

JeF
Black Belt Squirrel

Post by JeF » Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:38 am

CanadianPilgrim wrote:The plugin does not seem to autofill the edition movie number with the IMDB number on a download of movie information. Is it supposed to?
No, plugins don't change main program behaviour (till now and as far as i know). They are some kind of 'extra tools' to be run on demand to perform some special tasks.
So, the way you should use it is :
- download movies (any number of)
- run plugin to populate disk# in a bulk for all new movies
I hoped it would, because I have some disk numbers (not IMDB) already physically written on disks so I can't overwrite those. So, this plugin would only be useful to me if it autofilled on download.
This plugin will never overwrite the value of any already populated Disk# (reformat button, when hit, only adds leading zeroes to fit specified disk# size : so the numeric value is not modified).
To make sure you can rely on it :
- backup your db (very optional but always a good idea even when it's not needed...)
- run plugin
- tick "Set Disk Number = Movie Imdb Code"
- hit preview button : this will show you what the plugin is going to update but without having done the update yet
- hit run : preview and run button will go disabled (no movie to process anymore)
So, on next runs :
- at plugin start, you'll immediatly see if there are movies to process (run button disabled if none)
- optional (can be skipped when you trust the plugin) : hit preview button to check what is going to be updated
- hit run : all done.
;)
JeF