Buy again?

Your experience with Movienizer, questions, remarks.
Vlad
Developer

Re: Buy again?

Post by Vlad » Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:26 am

SouthSailor wrote:Based on the responses of early 2014 I was under the impression you couldn't enter the code more than the set limit, regardless of it being on the same computer :|
You can unlock the software on the same computer as many times as you wish, even on different versions of Windows. It is still one activation.
SouthSailor wrote: If that is not the case, I would still prefer there to be some way to unregister other computers to free up the key, since if I get a lifetime license I don't really expect to have to get another one after replacing my computer a few times. :cry:
We would also prefer that the program would readjust itself automatically to all changes on the net :). Even if we stop developing the software completely, there are running costs, otherwise it will eventually stop downloading information. So, it is fair that users take some part in it, isn't it? If somebody replaces computers often, most probably he/she can also afford purchasing an additional license. For a typical user (like me), a license would work for 8-10 years. Of course, if you change computers 2 times a year, you can consider buying 1-year licenses instead. There are also options for getting a free license.
ImageImage

schotenandi
Passerby

Re: Buy again?

Post by schotenandi » Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:34 pm

Vlad wrote:We would also prefer that the program would readjust itself automatically to all changes on the net :). Even if we stop developing the software completely, there are running costs, otherwise it will eventually stop downloading information. So, it is fair that users take some part in it, isn't it? If somebody replaces computers often, most probably he/she can also afford purchasing an additional license. For a typical user (like me), a license would work for 8-10 years. Of course, if you change computers 2 times a year, you can consider buying 1-year licenses instead. There are also options for getting a free license.
Sorry Vlad,

my opinion is completely different !
A lifetime license is what it says = valid for a lifetime, no matter on wich hardware! There is nothing to missunderstand: 8-10 years is not lifetime !!!
If this is not what you want to offer, you have to void this expression and describe your licence similar to the 1-year resctriction, i.e. "for one specific hardware" or "for pc-lifetime".
Ok, this for general!

Yes, I like your program very much and I really want to support you, but not in a way like this! Imagine... laptops are not so durable as desktop pc's and repairs are expensive. So it is easier to buy a new cheap one. Or another example: my girfriend has an old laptop and she really wants to use your software. But, what if we buy the license and the laptop gives up in a year? Or she decided to buy a new cheap one, because the software get's too slow. No, I (and she) never will take this risk with that high price of booknizer! And there are many other people out there, who update only components of their computer (a second hand motherboard i.e.). What I want to say is, that a person who change his hardware, does not necessarily be able to afford a new license of your (really expensive) software.
So, in my opinion one thing is missing on your registration page at all: a much cheaper "Update license" for registered users. I really don't understand your price politics. Are there really some users who pay for the 1-year license? This price is usury, sorry.

My advice to you: sell the actual Version with a real lifetime license (for more then one hardware) a bit cheaper than now and spilt the software component from a thing you can call "update-service" (for fetching infos from the internet etc.). The update-service will bought for one year with the software once and then it has to be update every new year (10€ i.e.). Without the update-service the software is usable any more but the data has to be filled manually. The update-service may not cost much and with many happy users you will cover your yearly costs, assuredly!
In addition to this it should be possible to update an old version to a newer one with a cheaper update option.
This works for maaaaaany other software producers :)

But, as it is at the moment, you will lose some users... more worse: you will not win so many users as you could with this nice piece of software ! Currently the software is too expensive in the long run for what it does for most users (I ask my wide circle of friends). I think that's the reason why your products are not so popular like DVD Profiler, Book Collector or All my books allthough this software is not so elaborated and complete. But you get enough for a much lower price and they have an Android app in Store (an obligation for today in my hole opinion!)

This is a well-meaning and honest opinion from a user, who wishes to be registered...