Movies not "In collection"

Your experience with Movienizer, questions, remarks.
rkeesecker
Passerby

Movies not "In collection"

Post by rkeesecker » Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:04 pm

I can't figure out how to see a list or report of movies I have downloaded and added information to but I have not checked the box "In Collection." These are movies I have watched on the tube or borrowed from the library. How can I get these to show up in a list or report? I have tried the Search tab in the left panel, then selected "Not in collection" in the Status field, and the result is a list of 4,812 random movies that are not in my database, i.e. I don't know where they came from

Vlad
Developer

Re: Movies not "In collection"

Post by Vlad » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:12 pm

Please check this article for general information. There is quite a lot of useful information about Movienizer here.

If you have added the movies into your database and marked them as seen, you can easily search by "Seen" and "In the database" on the search tab, or create an extended filter for re-use.
ImageImage

rkeesecker
Passerby

Re: Movies not "In collection"

Post by rkeesecker » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:58 pm

Vlad - Many thanks! I'll read that article.

Now that I am using Medianizer instead of the three separate "...nizer" programs, I have what I hope will be helpful suggestions, the reason being is that I might never have found that help page you directed me to.
  • In the "Help" drop-down list in Medianizer, the Help link takes you to the Features page on medianizer.com. That page is a generic overview of Medianizer and doesn't provide any access to technical help. Perhaps that link name should be changed from Help to Overview.
  • In the "Help" drop-down list, it would be very helpful if you added three links: Movienizer, Booknizer, and Musicnizer. Each would then take you to the respective web page for the individual products, which provide a wealth of technical support.
  • The medianizer.com website has no links or references to the technical help that the individual product websites have. Adding links would be really helpful.
  • And finally, on the maniactools.com website, there is no reference to Medianizer under the Collection Organizers heading. This is just a marketing tool suggestion.
I love your products (have several other Maniac Tools I continue to use). I hope you receive my suggestions in the spirit in which they are shared.