Feature requests for the next version

Need a new feature in Movienizer? Post your suggestions here.

What features would you prefer to see in the next version?

Better loan manager.
5%
A way to add movie trailers.
7%
Integration with Windows Media Center.
5%
Integration with XBMC.
7%
Full screen mode.
5%
Choose which fields to update when updating over the internet.
20%
More advanced search engine (more fields, more options).
22%
Mass update movies / people.
25%
Password protection.
2%
Automatically backup database.
5%

Total votes: 198

pvdavidson
Supporting actor

Re: Feature requests for the next version

Post by pvdavidson » Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:57 am

Separate pages for TV series would be nice but I can live with the current setup given the buttons that allow you to see just the movies, just the movie series or just the TV series or any combination of these three variations in the collection.

I'm much more interested in getting the ability to selectively update seasons/episodes of TV series without having to update the whole series. For example, I have "Sleepy Hollow" as an entry in Movienizer but there are only a few episodes described in IMDB as yet because it's a very new series. As more episeode info becomes available, I would like to be able to update/download just the new episode info without having all the other general info about the series being downloaded/updated again at the same time. Same situation applies for any TV series that is still in production with new episodes still becoming available as time passes.

Perhaps there is a way of doing this now, but if there is, I haven't found it.

EchnaTron
Passerby

Post by EchnaTron » Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:22 pm

I would love it and it would probably be the final nudge that would get me to buy the full version if there were seperate tabs for "All movies", "Collection" and "Wishlist" plus a counter that always thows the number of titles in the tab you have selected. That way I could easily switch between seeing the movies I own, those I wish to own and all the movies I've ever seen. For now I can live without embedded trailers or producer columns but this would be the most important feature I'm missing. And yes, other than that I love your program!

pottstv
Passerby

Post by pottstv » Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:52 am

From an adult entertainment perspective, adult movies typically consist of several scenes with their own performers and content. I would like to be able to add a scene with the ability to specify the actors and scene details much like the current information you can enter when adding a new movie but with an added advantage of being able to link a scene to the dvd title it is from.

fudging
Extra

Post by fudging » Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:38 pm

Post by pottstv » Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:52 am

From an adult entertainment perspective, adult movies typically consist of several scenes with their own performers and content. I would like to be able to add a scene with the ability to specify the actors and scene details much like the current information you can enter when adding a new movie but with an added advantage of being able to link a scene to the dvd title it is from.
Yeah I agree, this would be fantastic if you could add this. It would be great for web series too.

Bryan
Supporting actor

Post by Bryan » Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:08 am

I've asked this a number of times, so feel, one more wouldn't do any harm. It's about the countries organization that provided the rating. It's always MPAA, and if you look on USA Amazon's DVD site, you'll see a lot of DVD's aren't rated (I'm guessing this is because it's got 50 States). I'm in the UK, but also buy a lot of DVD's from across Europe, and also the Asian countries..and I have a number from Australia, and a large collection from the US. Of course, I can understands them not be listed in MPAA...but they are rated...and I would like to show where the rating came from. A simple drop down menu would do it, like those that already exists elsewhere in the program