Relative file path

Need a new feature in Movienizer? Post your suggestions here.
j8a2b0e7
Passerby

Relative file path

Post by j8a2b0e7 » Thu Jan 01, 2015 12:53 am

Hi,

so I save all of my videos and also the database-file on a thumbdrive. The drive-letter changes every time I plug it in so the filepath of the videos become invalid.
Please allow the file path to be relative to the database location, e.g.: "2014/Some-Movie.mp4" instead of "S:/2014/Some-Movie.mp4" with the database being in "S:/".
That way I can still play the videos even if the drive-letter changes.

Let me know what you think!

JeF
Black Belt Squirrel

Re: Relative file path

Post by JeF » Thu Jan 01, 2015 4:33 pm

j8a2b0e7 wrote:so I save all of my videos and also the database-file on a thumbdrive. The drive-letter changes every time I plug it in so the filepath of the videos become invalid.
Please allow the file path to be relative to the database location, e.g.: "2014/Some-Movie.mp4" instead of "S:/2014/Some-Movie.mp4" with the database being in "S:/".
That way I can still play the videos even if the drive-letter changes.
Untill this feature is available, a way to get files playable in portable use is to bulk rename all video files with concerned drive letter when plugged in.
This could be easily achieved by installing and using Extra Queries plugin
and the following query (changing Z letter by the newly assigned drive letter) :

Code: Select all

Qry = update editions set filename = 'Z' || substr(filename,2) where substr(filename,2,2) = ':\'
Desc = Set Drive Letter to Z in all video filenames beginning with a drive letter ( ?:\ )