Ratings

Need a new feature in Movienizer? Post your suggestions here.
Bryan
Supporting actor

Ratings

Post by Bryan » Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:49 am

Although it’s possible to add to the movie’s classification rating, and even a brief description why it received that rating, it’s not possible to change the country providing that rating as it’s stuck at MPAA (American). Although it’s possible to change this in the language file in the Movienizer folder, that change in effect is a permanent change. That is to say, it can be one or another, but the change is the same for all movies, regardless which country supplied the rating. The possibility to change it for the country supplying that rating would be more than useful. There are a lot of ‘drop-down’ menus, for each movie entry, but this area is not changeable. I think this is the only area that is not changeable or customizable. In fact (no offence to ‘MPAA’) DVD’s released in the U.S. are rarely classified. About 70% of DVD’s on the American Amazon site appear to lack any classification at all... there is a manual option to look for one on IMDB, and manually enter it...but the ‘MPAA’ still shows. I've bought DVD’s from U.S.A., U.K., France & Germany. Also quite a number from Eastern suppliers..some from the Scandinavian countries...and some from Middle & Southern Europe. In the programme, I can change the language..show the subtitles...and a lot more information relative to that DVD...but the country supplying the classification is always (Default) MPAA. Perhaps something similar to the ‘audio track’ or ‘subtitles’ would ‘do the trick’..or the ability to enter it manually.
As far as I'm concerned this is the only area that spoils an otherwise perfect programme.