Ratings...continued.

Need a new feature in Movienizer? Post your suggestions here.
Bryan
Supporting actor

Ratings...continued.

Post by Bryan » Sat Oct 17, 2015 3:18 pm

I now find I can't add anything to the actual rating. It still stays at MPAA...but now I can only choose a rating from the drop down menu. If the rating of the film is rated something different that's what's available (German & UK examples) then I'm stuck...I can either show an incorrect rating (nearest) or show no rating at all. Please fix/add both, the ratings supplier, and the option to add a rating, not presently listed.

pvdavidson
Supporting actor

Re: Ratings...continued.

Post by pvdavidson » Tue Apr 12, 2016 4:45 am

I would also like to see some change in the way Ratings are dealt with in Movienizer so that this info is a bit more useful for anyone outside of the USA.

I have Movienizer set to pick up the Australian ratings when downloading IMDB info and this works most of the time. If there is no Australian rating listed on IMDB (a fairly common situation), the download defaults to the (US) MPAA rating if there is one and blank if there isn't one. I would rather it defaulted to blank in the absence of a country specific rating listed on IMDB.

Also, it would be great if the field was described as just "Rating" (or "Certification" if that is likely to confuse people who think it means good/bad) and leave the MPAA bit out. Also, it is really, really annoying when using the Report Builder and using the MPAA field with the data displayed as "MPAA Rating: PG (or whatever)" rather than just "PG" (or MA15 or R18+ or whatever).

In Australia and the US at least, the rating of the original production/theatrical release is not the same as the digital media edition anyway. The Americans have "Not Rated" and "Rated" versions and Australia has some illogical situations where the DVD is different to the theatrical release even where the content is identical. We even have situations where a later issue of a DVD is classified differently to the original release. This is most common where "PG" becomes "G" and vice-versa. Given this, it would probably make some sense to include the rating in the edition data as well as the general data.